Thursday, October 31, 2019

Second Life™ - An Honest Fashion Review, Happy Halloween!



Light - StrawberrySingh.com


Gotta Love !go


!gO!  Colombina is from the Shiny Shabby event. It's a gotcha. Played the machine 21 times and do you know by the end I didn't need a rare, I just needed a top. Yup, you read that right, 21 times at $75 a pop ($1575) and not one single top until I got the rare. I know the risks involved in playing the gacha but DANG!

Please keep in mind, makeup is not included.


The Good:


  • OMG - Look at the pom-poms! From pom-poms on the hair to the buttons to the footwear. It's a pom-pom PARTY! I'm a happy girl.


  • The hair looks like yarn/knitted socks tied into knots. It's original and adorable.
  • It's the WHOLE package! This is one of the rare sets.
  • Colors!!! The bold speaks to me.
  • Just look at those quilted pants!


The Oops:


  • The ruffled collar comes as unrigged. I would have liked to see a rigged one in the box too. Also, the collar is stiff and you wear it at an angle. But it does make a lovely frame for the face.


  • The top is not suitable to be worn without the collar. My Maitreya alpha menu selection can't find a happy place that hides the collar clipping. Love the bold colors, just wonder how it would work with red pants or some other item in my wardrobe. 

  • Textures - When I bend my arms the fabric becomes a bit distorted.

  • Tummy clipping - It's not very visible but it IS there. You either live with the clipping or hide the area by using your superhero invisible tummy strip power. In all my photos here I've chosen to make it invisible.


Score:

On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best

Style - 5, SO freakin' original!
Textures and/or Colors - 4, I took off a point for the way the blue strips distort when my arms move.
Fit - 3

Overall - 4!


No comments:

Post a Comment