Thursday, October 31, 2019

Second Life™ An Honest MadPea Review

MadPea's Terrifying Tale Trail:




Off to the candy hunt! Landing at Mad Pea, I quickly read the instructions and coughed up $300 Linden. For that, you get a Trick or Treat HUD, Lantern and Jack-o-Lantern for candy. 


The cool prize list can be found here.

Put on the HUD and click the world icon. Look in chat and you will find a link. Follow it. Once you've landed - BING! follow the dot, click on the door and you are either given a treat or a trick has been played on you.


The Good:

  • I always love the props put out by the folks at MadPea (Lantern and Jack-o-Lantern for candy).
  • Loved loved loved the trick or treating part. Some stores played a few tricks on me but everything was relatively easy to find. I was a BIG girl and didn't need help with this part. Saw some cool shops and met a few nice people along the way. YAY!
  • Woah! a random puzzle showed up that I had to solve which was really cool.

Nooooo!

  • I randomly tp'd to another sim after being 2/3's done with the puzzle. At landing, the puzzle disappeared and low and behold I was back to my candy score sheet 😲
  • In a panic, I messaged the MadPea group about my dilemma and right away, the nice Cmdr sent me a TP to the next phase of the trail/event/hunt.
  • I began the next phase of my journey and stepped on the freakin' poison plant. I was blinded by white. At this point, I began to wonder if the map was accurate.

As I begin to breathe again (the white screen faded), I decided to be clever and pan back to find the huts. Yeeees...I saw someone flying to them, so I thought I'd be all like, monkey see monkey do and flew straight to one and looked inside. Hmmm, this was my uh oh moment. Gotta call the Cmdr again, something wasn't right. He answered quickly and said I needed to walk the trail in order to trigger the scene. After a bit of pouting, I got back to the trail.

This time I approached the gate and two other people were in front of me. Whish! - lady one disappeared before my eyes. Number two waited and waited then whish....off she went. Hmmm...I waited in anticipation...and waited ...and waited. "Cmdr, you there? Nothing happening here" He replied (in a very nice tone of text), "You'll need to wait, lots of folks want to get in right now". 😖 Yes, I took my pouty self out of there and found something else to do.

The Oops:

  • I really wanted to accomplish this without help. That didn't happen.
  • I can't go back and just try to redo the witch hut part, because I have no clue how to get there.
  • Asking for help one time is acceptable, two times and I feel needy, but THREE times and I'm out!
  • DANGIT! No prize for me, I'm disappointed.
I'm sure most of you finished it without any trouble at all. I salute all the winners. Well, I had a good time with the first part and hope to try again next year. Let me know how you did and what prize you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment