Sunday, November 3, 2019

Second Life™ An Honest Review of the Hello Kitty Event and Random Clothing



The Hello Kitty 45th Anniversary Event is Open!

I was so excited to go. I even read the fine print that which suggested attire was red and blue. I had to dig in my inventory for the appropriate colors.

I played the go-cart game, rode the river tubes, got on the Ferris wheel and even went shopping. Goodness, even had a random two-day-old newb begin a conversation with me. BTW, he asked the two most common questions.
  1. Where are you from?
  2. How old are you?
Guys, guys, guys, stop that crud. It's too early to ask such questions. Really, How OLD am I!? Old enough to be in SL for 13 years!! SERIOUSLY!? You can be any age you want in SL, that's all that matters.

Anyway, I digress, back to the Hello Kitty event



The Good:


  • The go-cart came felt like an odd version of Candyland. Just don't hit the green start light until everyone is seated and ready to go. Seems to randomly ask Hello Kitty questions which makes me panic in a good way 😄
  • The lag wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Riding the river tubes was exciting in a good way. The tube was hard for me to control, just like on a REAL river.
  • Atmosphere - bright and bold and looks like it was set up by a professional.
  • I enjoyed seeing some of the little kid avatars running around.
  • Shopping tent!
  • Two free gifts to be found, Three if you win the go-cart race.

The Oops:


  • Perhaps next time some detours could be on the race track (like in Candyland).
  • I like my atmosphere nice and crisp but some textures would rez for a few seconds, then the edges would go all fuzzy 3 seconds later. That can be a pain when taking photos. My graphics are pretty dang decent and that shouldn't have happened so much. Do I need to change my settings?
  • I lost the race several times so I didn't get the cotton candy...I wanted that cotton candy. I was pouty for a good minute. 
  • A few more hello kitty clothing items to buy would have been really nice. I'd like to see some athletic shoes or boots. Oh! snow boots!! I would have bought those. What would YOU have bought if it was there?

Wearing: 

Hair - Wasabi, Daphne from the Wasabi Autumn & Daphne gatcha machine at Epiphany NEW
Top - HIME*DREAM Ruffled Chiffon Blouse
Pants - Vinyl - Fuel Snowboarding pants
Shoes - Reign, Arianna Sneakers
Camera - travel with me - a group gift from Tentacio (free)
Glasses - MULLOY - Mastero Glasses

Since I've shown most of the items being worn in the first photo before, let's have an honest review of the Wasabi hair, Daphne.

The Good:

  • A beautiful mess
  • color changing clip, or you could hide the clip
  • What you see is what you get - try on the demo.


The Oops:

  • I picked it up at a gotcha, so not the blond I was hoping for. It took me three tries to get this one. The first two I got were some mixed odd colors I would never wear. Solar ombre is not my color:(
  • When looked at closely, my left side seems to be a bit higher than the other due to a strand of fluff. I know, I know, it's my OCD kicking in. If it was in real life, I would have redone that side. BTW, not talking about the crooked ponytails, those are stinking cute. Talking about the random shear hair bit.




I know, like I said, it's supposed to be messy.

Score:

On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best

Style - 4, (cough) OCD hair strand - Yes, I tried the demo but it was cute and I bought it anyway 😉
Textures and/or Colors - 5, the red IS pretty!
Fit - 3, I did have a few ear adjustment issues

Overall - 4!

Next time, I'll show you the clothing I bought at the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment