Sunday, November 3, 2019

Second Life™ An Honest Review of the Hello Kitty™ PJ's

Astralia x Hello Kitty Anniversary Edition - Sky Pack



Let's look at this pretty little outfit from Astralia. I paid $399 Linden for this soft sky blue outfit. Inside your delivery box, you'll find two pairs of pants. One has a bit of white trim and the other has the blue trim around the waist (note the photos). Also, you can expect to find two sweaters, one, a solid sky blue with white ribbons (hud for the ribbons in eight colors included), and the other with this cute Hello Kitty™ texture. 

A fat pack (which I really wish I could have gotten) will set you back $2,499 Linden. Being this is a licensed product, I can understand the pricing.

The ice cream and balloon you see in my photos were both free at the event!




I also bought a cute hairband under the tent at the event. The Astralia x Hello Kitty™ - 45th-anniversary ribbon headband only comes in one color, but it looks just like the iconic Hello Kitty™ headband and costs $149 Linden. 


Now, Let's break this down.


The Good:


  • I love the pants texture with all the wrinkling around the waist, hips, thighs, and knees. So pretty...
  • Two sweaters and pants in the package give me more flexibility
  • A hud for the ribbons - 8 colors, The hud changes both ribbons on the top and the pants.
  • Hello Kitty™ is on my shirt.
  • The collar is nice and clean, pattern-wise, nothing is there that shouldn't be there. It's nice and neat.
  • The ankles and waist fit beautifully




No worries about the tiny bit of black you see at the upper part left of the collar, 
it's just part of the pattern.


The Oops:



  • A little peek a boo at the lower arm/wrist (I wear Maitreya). It shows on both sweaters, but it's not going to stop me from wearing the outfit. When taking a nice pose photo, remember to plan around it. I did try to hide it, but the only way is to actually hide the hand itself.
  • Look close at the icecream photo, part of the yummy pink icecream texture has a patch of blur. I know..... it's free. I still appreciate it....just saying...
  • The balloon -  It's just an SL thing but it's so stiff. If you go to sit down or try some of the poses in your inventory, prepare to remove it. When wearing your AO, you should be just fine. It is free. Not sure there's anyway to get around the issue when making balloons in SL.





Score:

On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best. 

Think of it this way
5 = A
4 = B
3 = C
2 = D
1 = F

Style - 5 - adorable!
Textures and/or Colors - 4.5 the icecream smudge brought it to a 4.5
Fit - 3, due to the hand/wrist issue

Overall - 4.1

Disclaimer - Of course I tried the DEMO, bought it anyway, I really like it! A hiccup in the fabric does not break the deal for me when I buy things. Neither does it stop me from being honest. I would buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment