Monday, November 4, 2019

Second Life™ An Honest Review of 6 New Items From Wasabi, Just Because, ILAYA, Hotdog, Izzie's, and Mudskin



Look Close! Check out my folded umbrella.


The Dress:



I've been to several events over the past few days and wanted to show you some new goodies. This stunning gown was found at Collabor88. Head over to the Just Because booth for Sabrina. I grabbed the demo and rushed to try it on.

The ad at the booth didn't lie. It's absolutely beautiful. Let's look at the details.



The Good:


  • The texture, the texture, the texture... 
  • Little details - even the tiny fasteners are pretty
  • I can wear it with or without sleaves via the enclosed hud
  • You get both a gown and a corset in the box!!
  • Ruffles, lots and lots of color changeable ruffles In fact, you get 24 color options (yay huds) on the ruffles along with 6 colors on the metals



The Oops:


  • If you zoom in really close to the lower panty of the corset, the crease between my nether region and where my upper thigh begins, shows. Nothing that would get you in trouble in SL, just a little wider at the crotch would have been cool. In fact, if you're not looking for it, I don't think you'll find it. Not posting that photo here. 
  • Sleeves, I honestly don't think you can do anything about the way it cuts into your SL skin, No points were deducted for this. If the sleeves bother you, take them off. Most people would never notice this sort of thing.
  • Tiny ruffle issue along the back. They just look choppy. It wasn't as noticeable in the front.





Note - I am wearing the Maitreya body.


Score:

On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best. 

Think of it this way:
5 = A
4 = B
3 = C
2 = D
1 = F

Style - 5 
Textures and/or Colors - 4.5 (deducted for the back ruffle)
Fit - 5

Overall - 4.8

Disclaimer - Of course I tried the DEMO, bought it anyway, I really like it! A hiccup in the fabric does not break the deal for me when I buy things. Neither does it stop me from being honest. I would buy it again.

The Earrings:


ILAYA, Anna Earrings found at The Liason Collaborative.


This photo is also referred to in the hair oops section below.

The Good:


  • I like the way the textures work together. One shiny and the other a matte.
  • Perfect fit
  • Black goes with lots of things!

The Oops:


  • No demo, thank goodness it worked out for me

Score:


On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best. 

Style - 5 
Textures and/or Colors - 5
Fit - 5

Overall - 5 - EXCELLANT!


Umbrella:




Hotdog - This is a new to me store.
Vintage umbrella, found at the Anthem event. 


The Good:


  • I love the girly look of it.
  • Opens, closes, and has three poses
  • It also has bump on/off and time on it. I wasn't completely sure what this did, so I turned it on and bumped into a few people and low and behold, the umbrella would disappear when I bumped into people. First time I've seen something like this.
  • Works well with my AO
  • The size is mod

The Oops:


  • No demo, thank goodness it worked out for me
  • As with the dress, the ruffles look a bit jagged. The ruffle seams don't flow into each other perfectly but I think in this situation, it makes it a bit more realistic for me - besides, it is a vintage umbrella.
  • It initially opens really REALLY big - but it mods.
  • Only one color 😧


Score:

On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best. 

Style - 5 
Textures and/or Colors - 4
Fit - 5

Overall - 4.6


Hair:

Wasabi  -  Autumn (with hat) was picked up at The Epiphany gatcha event. The color pack is called Lunar. Soooo..... NOT a color pack I would have chosen,  but I'm trying to make it work.

The Good:


  • I like the hat more than I expected. The felt texture and braid bit are well done!
  • The hat comes with 3 textures and the tiny hair bands come in 16 colors.

 

The Oops:

  • The braids look flat to me
  • No, I did NOT try this demo on, I was playing to get the other hair in the gotcha machine so it didn't occur to me. I'll take that into consideration.
  • Leakage, I see leakage 😭. When I pan my camera around, I occasionally see an open seam where the hair meets the hat
  • OMG, It's not resizing (tell me if I'm missing it). My ear hair, see photo above, needs adjusting
  • Widows peak, I don't like that little bit hanging out.

Score:

On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best. 

When items come in a gotcha, we should still have the right to judge it since it's been paid for. Let me know what you think. Was I too harsh?


Style -  😣
Textures and/or Colors - 5
Fit - 😞

Overall -  1.6 😱


Choker:


This ultra-rare (gotcha) Mudskin choker, was picked up at the Anthem event. 

The Good:

  • Resizeable
  • Nice texture

The Oops:


  • Only one color 😦. Not feeling the ultra rare love.

Score:

On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best. 


Style -  5
Textures and/or Colors - 3, Yes, I'm still pouting over one color.
Fit - 5

Overall -  4.3




The Eyes Have It!



Both shadow and eyes were found at The Liason Collaborative

Izzie's - Natural Eyeshadows
Izzie's - Neva Eyes (autumnal)

Remember, if the shadow doesn't fit correctly, make sure your brow and blush layers (both bottom and top layers) are cleared.

The Good:

  • Look at the photo!

The Oops:


  • Nope, nada, nothing

Score:

On a scale of 1 - 5, 5 being the best of the best. 


Style -  5
Textures and/or Colors - 5
Fit - 5

Overall -  5, Well deserved Izzie, well deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment